Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I am a workaholic.

I look around other people's blogs and somehow I feel a tinge of envy. Their blogs are well maintained and articles are posted at a regular rate. How come I can't do the same? What am I doing here anyway?

I guess I am very unlike those other blog-blokes whose blogs rank near the top of their priorities. I am under no such compulsion. At this moment, maintaining this blog is not one of my most important tasks that need to be accomplished. At this point, posting articles in this blog is at the bottom of my priorities.

Whether I like it or not, people depend on me. In my work, I don't consider myself indispensable but I get the feeling others don't feel the same way. Ever heard of the saying that no good deed goes unpunished? Sometimes I feel that is exactly what is happening to me.

If I finish something well ahead of the deadline, instead of coasting lazily till the end of the month, I find that my workload miraculously regenerates itself to fill up the time I have left available. They
pile up new jobs for me to do. I can't relax. I haven't had a vacation in years. How many times have I told myself that "I am going to Thailand or Singapore this year" and then when vacation comes I change my mind and work instead.

I am addicted to work! I am a workaholic! There, I said it! My work mates have been telling that to me for years but I refuse to acknowledge it.

Ooops! My alarm just sounded. Time for me to start working on that new version of our accounting system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home